Tuesday, February 10, 2009

5 Minute Pear Crumble

Original Recipe and Photo from KraftFoods.Com

I like to find good recipes and play around with them to make them healthier. This is one that I made for dessert last night. It was so easy, and tasted wonderful. It satisfied Wayne's sweet tooth and that's not an easy chore.

What You Need

1 can (16 oz.) pear slices, drained (I used my low sugar home canned pears)
8 NILLA Wafers, crushed (I used Fat Free)
1/2 cup thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping (I Cool Whip Free)
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon

Make It

Spoon pears into 4 dessert bowls.
Sprinkle with wafer crumbs.
Combine Cool Whip and cinnamon; spoon over desserts.
Makes 4 servings, about 3/4 cup per serving

Nutrition Info for doing it my way is:
Calorie-83.7
Total Fat-0.8 g
Sugars-3.5 g

Nutrition Info from Kraft recipe is:
Calories -100
Total Fat -3 g
Sugars -12 g

I did not save a ton of calories but saved quite a bit on the fat content and on sugars, which is good for us diabetics.
Now you see why I like putting my own spin on good food.

Until next time,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment