Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I FINALLY HAVE A SURGERY DATE!!!

April 13th!
My surgery date at last. I am so excited and nervous at the same time.
This is the procedure that I am having done:

Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery

Gastric bypass surgery is a permanent solution in which our surgeons are experts at using open, laparoscopic and robotic techniques to make the stomach smaller and allow food to bypass part of the small intestine. Patients will feel full more quickly than when the stomach was its original size, which reduces the amount of calories that can be consumed. Gastric bypass is a more established procedure, and the resulting weight loss happens faster even though the recovery takes a little longer.

I am having it done laparoscopically. A little less invasive than having it done open. I won't have to be cut, so, recovery is a bit easier. I am now awaiting some paper work in the mail, that will tell me when I start my liquid diet. I am glad I have a few quickie meals in the freezer for Wayne. It's going to be hard cooking meals for him when I can't have solids!

No comments:

Post a Comment