Thursday, February 19, 2009

Jarheads Mystery AKA Goulash


This is my "healthified" version of what my parents used to call "Mystery" but is also known as Goulash in many homes. I just did my best to make it a bit healthier.


Ingredients

Jennie-O Lean Ground Turkey, 12 ounces (may also use ground chicken, or extra lean ground beef, it will change nutrition facts though.)
Onions, raw, 1 cup,
Chopped Celery, raw, 1 cup, diced
Ground Cumin, 1 tsp ( I actually use spices to my taste, so feel free to do so)
Garlic Powder, 1 tbsp
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes no salt added,
12 oz. Tomato juice, without salt added
1 c. Tomato Sauce, no salt
*Healthy Harvest Pasta, Rotini, 6 oz (Or your choice of Whole Wheat Pasta) I used macoroni this time.

Directions

Brown ground turkey add onion and celery cook till tender
add cumin and garlic powder.
Mix in tomatoes, sauce and juice
Add 8 oz uncooked pasta
Simmer on low heat until pasta is cooked.
Makes 6 -1 cup servings

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 218.7
Total Fat: 4.8 g
Cholesterol: 40.0 mg
Sodium: 282.4 mg
Total Carbs: 32.2 g
Dietary Fiber: 5.2 g
Protein: 16.5 g

No comments:

Post a Comment