Sunday, February 8, 2009

No, this ain't Mcdonalds!

Ham & Egg Muffins

I have been doing batch cooking and freezing for my dad's freezer and for quick fix meals for the ol' goat. I want to make sure they have some go to foods when I have my surgery.

This one is super easy. I have made them off and on for years, but had never thought of freezing them. I have to thank my friend Brenda for that idea. Thanks kiddo, you are a keeper!


First just toast your English muffins, or make it with biscuits.

Then scramble eggs with a little milk. (the eggs freeze better this way). Cook them like you would an omelet, slice and fold over onto your muffin.



I lightly fried thin slices of ham for this one, but I also do sausage or bacon. Cooked of course!

After you have your sammies assembled, wrap them in foil.
With a permanent marker, write contents of bag, date made and instructions for reheating.
In this case about a minute or so in the microwave, wrap in a paper towel, without the foil of course!
Pop the bag into the freezer.
There, you have a quick breakfast, better than MickeyD's, because it's homemade and made with love!
Until next time,
Liz










No comments:

Post a Comment