Saturday, April 3, 2010

Corn Casserole


I know I know!!! Probably not the healthiest casserole around, but my daughter in law Jammie loves it. Therefore, I am making it for her.


I have stated many times that I love cooking for others. If I was cooking solely for me all the time, I would probably not cook at all. It is so hard cooking for one.




INGREDIENTS:


1 15 oz can of whole kernel corn


1 14 3/4 can of cream style corn


1 8 oz pkg corn muffin mix


1 cup sour cream


1 stick melted butter


1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese




DIRECTIONS:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit


Drain whole kernel corn, mix all ingredients except cheese in a large bowl


Pour into a greased 9 X 13 inch casserole dish


Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown


Remove from oven and top with cheddar


Return to oven for 5 or 10 minutes or until cheese is melted


Let stand for 5 minutes and serve warm




I got this recipe several years ago from a Paula Deen cookbook.




No comments:

Post a Comment