Saturday, April 3, 2010

Homemade Chicken Noodles







Noodles are finished, finally.
My dad dropped in and then Bub dropped in with little monkey boy, Aaron, who is my 10 month old whirlwind grandson. So, I took a break to chat and play.

These are my ingredients and tools. Well, except my rolling pin, I forgot it in the picture, imagine that?
Farm fresh eggs from my friend Brenda's hens. All purpose flour, salt and pepper. Yep, thats all I use.
I don't measure, so I can't give you the exact amounts that I used. I was making a huge batch, so I just put my flour in a big bowl, made a hole in the center and put my eggs in, then salt and pepper.

I have found that God gave us the best mixing spoons in the world. Yes, I use my hands to mix it all together. I washed them well before hand of course! If your dough is too dry add another egg or two, if its too wet, throw in some more flour. Hey, I never said that I was a master chef ya know!


Then I flour my cutting board, break off a piece of dough and roll it out. (Hey, look! I got the rolling pin in there this time!) Then I use a pizza cutter to cut my noodle strips. It makes my work so much easier!

I just continue until all the dough is cut. I flour the noodles to keep them from sticking together as I go. It helps keep them from sticking together and all the extra flour thickens the broth the make it more gravy like.

I then drop my noodles slowly and individually into my broiling broth, making sure to shake the flour from each into it and stirring as I go. Its my way of insuring that they don't clump up and making the gravy at the same time.







Let them cook on a slow boil for about half an hour. Stirring occassionally to prevent sticking.

Next job? Clean up the mess so I can get the other foods finished. If you're lucky I may just share those recipes too. Or should I say, if I am lucky enough to get it all finished??



1 comment: