Monday, May 10, 2010

Almost Sugar Free Chocolate "Dream" Dessert



I had to make those boys dessert to go with dinner last night, so this is what I conjured up. It is not totally sugar free as I did not have anything but dream whip on hand. But, it is not high in sugar.
It is basically a Dream Pie, I used a dream whip recipe as a basis.
It isn't the prettiest dessert that I have ever made, but it is the taste that counts, right? I got no complaints from my taste testers.

How to make your sugar free cookie crust: (recipe courtesy of bariatriceating.com)

One package chocolate sugar free cookies (example: Murrays)
2 tablespoons melted butter

Crush cookies in a sealed bag using a rolling pin, wine bottle, or heavy saucepan. Pour into a bowl, and add two tablespoons of melted butter. Use real butter as margarine spreads contain water and make a mushy crust while we want firm and crunchy. Mix crumbs until evenly moistened and firmly press into a glass or metal pie plate. Use the bottom of a small measuring cup to press the crumbs firmly and evenly on the bottom and up the sides. (I save aluminum pie pans to reuse. Hey, its my frugal side!)
Makes 1 pie crust.

Dessert Filling:
2 boxes sugar free chocolate fudge pudding mix (Jello)
2 envelopes whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
2-3/4 cups cold skim milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (can be omitted, but I felt better about having a piece with it in there. I also skipped the crust on my portion and just had the filling. My life as a bariatric patient,,,,LOL)

I just put it all in the blender, mixed it up and poured into the shell.
Refrigerated for about 4 hours and topped with sugar free dessert topping. (Sugar Free Cool Whip)

No comments:

Post a Comment