Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wayne

UNITED STATES MARINE CORP 1962

I thought I would start today's post by introducing you to my hubby Wayne, or as I lovingly refer to him, "Ol' Goat". As I stated before, he is quite a bit older than me. He graduated high school and joined the United States Marine Corp. I was just going on 3 years old. Amazing!

He ended up doing almost 18 years and 4 tours in Vietnam. He was wounded and paralyzed for 411 days. The doctors told him he would never walk again, but the stubborn ol' goat proved them wrong.

He was awarded the Purple Heart, Silver Star and Bronze Star, Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry and many more medals for his time in the Corp.

After he left the Marines he joined the Ohio Army National Guard for 10 years. He is actually considered retired Army although he spent more time in the Marine Corp.

If you know anything at all about a Marine, in their hearts, they feel that once a United States Marine always a United States Marine. OOOHRAH!!!!

He has 3 children from a previous marriage. 2 sons, Wayne Jr. or Bud, as we call him and Robert or Bobby Joe. One daughter, Chris. He has 3 grand sons, Zane who has just joined the Marines in Grandpa's footsteps, Brandon and Grant. He has 2 grand daughters Nicole and Raven and one great grand daughter KayKay.

We actually met online in November of 2000. Ain't that a hoot???
We met in person on December 2nd 2000. Married July 18th, 2001.

That's a bit about my hero Ol' Goat!

Until next time,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment