Friday, February 13, 2009

My Daddy and My Little Brother

This photo was taken at my son Travis' wedding.
This is my dad Jim in gray and my "little" brother Jim Jr. in red. And of course Travis' in his monkey suit.

Right now my dad is going through a rough time. He is learning to live without the love of his life. My mother passed away this past September. It has been really hard for all of us. I know that no matter how much the rest of us hurt, Dad is feeling it twice as much.

Daddy, I know you are reading this. I want you to know how much you mean to me. I love you so much. I know how much you want me to be healthy and that is one reason that I am having this surgery. I want to be there for you just as you always have been there for me. Right now I am your 300lb 50 yr old Daddy's Girl. Soon I will be smaller, but I will still be old,,,LOL
So, you're stuck with me! You are my hero. You put up with me as a teenager, and through all my poor choices in life. You deserve a medal!

Now for you little bratty Brother! Notice I didn't put Jimmy for your name. However, that doesn't mean that I still don't think of you as Jimmy. I can still see those dimples in your cheeks! I can still see that mischievous grin and the sparkle in your eyes and that little "burr" haircut. In my heart you will always be my baby brother. I love you.

Until next time,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment