Saturday, March 7, 2009

Baby Shower Favors Part 2

CANDY PACIFIERS

I promised to show you the other baby shower party favor I was working on. It is called a candy pacifier. My pictures are not the greatest, so please bear with me. My camera batteries were trying to die out on me. Note to self: "Charge batteries before Sunday, Dummy!"


My list of ingredients:
Wintergreen Lifesavers (or peppermint, if you prefer)
Jelly Beans ( I used Jelly Bellies because they are small)
White cookie or cake icing
You will also need a rack or something similar to the one that I used, to let candies dry on.
Ribbon (I ran out, so a trip to the store is in my near future)
Start by unwrapping your lifesavers, darn individually wrapped ones anyway!
Place a pea-size amount of frosting in the lifesaver hole and around it.
Position a jelly bean standing up-right in the frosting.
I placed these on a plate in the fridge for a couple of hours to let them set up.
Place lifesavers jelly bean side down on a wire rack with jelly beans between the wires,
Carefully place another pea-size amount of frosting on the lifesaver,
Position a Life Saver on edge in the frosting. Let stand for at least 1 day to dry. Tie a ribbon through each Life Saver.

Aren't these just the cutest little things?

No comments:

Post a Comment